TeamSpeak 3 Client Change Log
+ Added feature or noticeable improvement
- Bug fix or something removed
* Changed or Information
! Important change so take note
Client Release 188.8.131.52 - October 23rd, 2015
! Further hardened security fix from 184.108.40.206. Remote images are now stored in single directory by hash, instead of subfolders.
+ Added external link warning to opening URLs from within URL Catcher
* Updated include folders in plugin SDK for recent code restructuring
* On entering an unsubscribed channel, scan all clients for CLIENT_TALK_REQUEST and preset that value to avoid getting the notification sound when clicking on that client later.
- Fixed unclickable Download Folder label in Filebrowser dialog.
- Fixed PTT delay not getting properly saved and restored.
- Replaced wrong clear filter icon in permissions overview dialog.
Client Release 3.0.16 - August 6th, 2014
+ Added two new iconpacks, one as new default. When using the old default iconpack, it will be changed to the new default once. Old iconpack is still included for people who prefer it.
+ Added new modern theme, but do not set as default automatically.
* Updated template files to use the new icon syntax.
* Added plugin_sdk.html to install directory, pointing to the current download location.
- Fixed possible issue with control DLL plugin and recent Overwolf release.
Client Release 220.127.116.11 - July 14th, 2014
- Fixed possible client freeze with url tags.
- Fixed possible client freeze with huge images.
- Images (both remote and ts3image) with width or height > 4000 px are now refused and no longer displayed in the channel description.
- Magnet urls are now allowed.
- Adjustments to TeamSpeak control plugin for better Overwolf compatibility.
Client Release 3.0.14 - March 13th, 2014
+ Updated to Qt 5.2.1. Updated compilers, runtime and third party libraries. This includes a multitude of changes to the TeamSpeak client to ensure transition from Qt 4 to 5. This is a major update under the hood.
+ Iconpacks can now be provided as a zip file. See gfx/default.zip Old folders gfx/default and gfx/countries will be emptied on update. Custom iconpacks are still supported. Icons in extracted folders take priority over zip archives if both exist. Note: Plugin authors have to provide their own icons.
+ The plugin SDK is now distributed as zip archive in pluginsdk.zip. The old pluginsdk folder is no longer updated, original files will be automatically deleted on update.
+ Added https support, so the client can now load and display remote icons from https pages. A https server banner will work after the next server release.
* Distribute Windows runtime as DLLs in TeamSpeak installation root instead of using vcredist package. This is a temporary solution until the updater is able to run a downloaded vcredist package post-update if required.
* Unused Qt 4 libraries will be deleted by the updater when the updater starts (so not immediately on first update, as the old updater still requires Qt 4).
* Memory usage and overall performance optimizations.
* Plugin API increased to 20. Plugins depending on Qt 4.8 have to be updated.
* Plugin API: Added isDown parameter to requestHotkeyInputDialog function to support PTT key bindings. Note: It's in the pluginsdk.zip now!
* Prevent client from connecting to ports > 65535.
* Missing icons will be shown as a blue bordered icon with a number.
* Inform users when a recording client joins or leaves your channel.
* Permissions window allows to set b_channel_join_ignore_password for server groups, channel groups and clients.
* "Install Overwolf" checkbox in Windows is now remotely controlled by Overwolf server. If down or not reachable, defaults to disabled.
* Cache animated avatars/banners to lower hard disk access.
* On Linux the system tray icon is now hidden by default due to incompatibilities with Qt and freedesktop tray icon standards. It can be activated in the options.
* Privilege key window supports Multi-select for copy to clipboard action.
* Improved integration with Overwolf for their latest 2014-02-03 release.
* Moved chat format buttons from mainwindow into the chat input contextmenu. These actions will now add bbCode tags to the text instead of using a very basic WYSIWYG approach, which is too dependent on Qt CSS formatting risking to break on any Qt update.
* Automatically format *bold* and _underline_ in received chat messages.
- Fixed joystick/gamepad button count.
- Fixed renaming profiles.
- Fixed saving preset messages.
- Removed "Hide in taskbar" option
- Removed "Use double click to activate" option, tray icon activation is now using the platform standard behavior (double click on Windows, single click on other platforms)
- Fixed an undefined file transfer status when transfer starts.
- Fixed a possible file transfer crash when transfer starts.
- Updated emoticons display which can now show more icons at once.
- Fixed showing a blank main window when minimizing/maximizing the window quickly.
- PTT key in capture profile is only shown from default hotkey profile.
- Show error message on missing sound files.
- Fixed possible crash when deleting a profile.
- Fixed possible animated avatar freeze.
- Fixed rare crash when increasing identity security level.
- Fixed client name format in client banned message
- Fixed wrong notification ID in channel created event
Client Release 3.0.11 - July 31st, 2013
! Changed the platform string for the Mac OsX platform from "Mac" to "OS X"
+ Added (Windows only) hotkey support for multiple USB devices. If we cannot get the USB device name from the system, we will try to read it from a local file. Please notice usb.ids in root folder. You can always overwrite it with the latest version from http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids.
+ The chat- and poke messages are now styleable too. Please notice the default_chat.qss in styles/ folder for example. The default_chat.qss is also the fallback if <stylename>_chat.qss does not exist.
+ Added "Classic" theme for users who want the old chat color scheme back.
+ Protection against DOS attacks was added to server 3.0.8. Added required counterpart of this functionality to the client. Server 3.0.8 requires client 3.0.11 to connect.
+ Added C++ runtime libraries to Linux deployment
* Reworked URLs storage hopefully fixing crash on loading corrupt data file. Stored URLs from previous versions will expire.
* Autoexpire URLs after 180 days.
* Plugin API: printMessage and printMessageToCurrentTab are now executed in the GUI thread, fixing a crash in the Arma plugin.
* Added "Channel" to Receive/Sent Poke notification. New default for both is server + channel + client.
* Added confirmation when deleting an Identity via the remove button.
* Automatically close "ban client" and "serverquery login" dialogs when disconnecting.
* Added limit of 40 characters in phonetic nickname field in channel dialog.
* Added character limit to name field in server/channel copy dialog.
* Added copying Server IP to clipboard from server connectioninfo dialog.
* Added a dialog to make sure the user will be informed about old USB device hotkeys. They have to be newly assigned once.
* Changed default chat notification settings for outgoing pokes.
* Changed default settings for neutral contacts, no custom name anymore.
* Added rootIsDecorated to remove collapse indicator on root item to stylesheet
* Added to client template: CLIENT_VERSION_SHORT, CLIENT_CONNECTED_SINCE
* Added to channel template: CHANNEL_VOICE_DATA_ENCRYPTED_FLAG
* Added to server template: SERVER_VERSION_SHORT
* Added that info frame loads the <style>_chat.qss
- Fixed issue with outgoing poke display when user has special characters in in his nickname and the poke contains an URL.
- Removed Collected URLs item from the tray menu.
- Fixed some custom nickname displays which were not shown correctly (chat, poke and whisper history).
- Fixed UTF-8 display of country tooltips (e.g. Curaçao), added bl.png for Saint Barthélemy.
- Fixed "Make current channel default" in bookmarks dialog which didn't work properly after adding this bookmark while already being connected.
- Fixed wrong connection count for new bookmarks (was 1 after creation even if we didn't connect yet).
- Fixed vanishing port number from bookmark address field.
- Fixed issue with chat pen displaying chat partner is typing when he was just interacting with the tab.
- Fixed webserver list freezing when webserver is not reachable.
- Fixed wrong "Apply/Discard" dialog when changing option pages.
- Plugin API: Callbacks are now called properly on requestFileList
- Fixed issues with highlight and filter in server log dialog.
- Fixed offline message subject which will no longer send newlines.
- Fixed that http:// is now the default scheme when missing in poke- or hostmessage dialog.
- Fixed stylesheet helper hotkey which now shows the correct object names.
- Fixed the translation of some hotkey descriptions.
- Fixed server messages which had an additional whitespace at the beginning.
- Fixed quoting of channel- and user links.
- Fixed pasting a newline character which now is prevented at several places.
- Fixed discarding mouse buttons at hotkey system "Keyboard & Mouse Only". If you don't need discarding, "Default" is the better choice and also more flexible.
- Fixed unusable sound devices in osx
- Fixed default Downloads folder on Linux, no longer download to home dir.
Client Release 18.104.22.168 - April 4th, 2013
+ Fixed gatekeeper signature error starting the 3.0.10 client on Mac OS X
* Updater will in addition to renaming updated DLLs and exe also move them to a folder "old" to avoid Qt loading the old plugin DLLs.
* Export missing requestClientEditDescription to Lua
+ Added some context menu entries into whisper history
- Stereo recording in DirectSound works properly now
- Recording from sources with more than 2 channels should downmix properly to 2 channels now (in stead of just using the first 2 channels)
- Adjusted default position of windows when opened for the first time when the position has not yet been stored.
- Added more default languages to the Mac OS X app bundle affecting the Mac menu, which is independant from Qt translation files. All language folders are now ignored by gatekeeper, so they can be safely manually added.
- Fixed Upload button of IconView dialog on Mac OS X
- Removed warning spam message on Mac OS X when connecting to a TSDNS server.
- Fixed tooltip for United Kingdom
- Fixed possible crash in Add-Hotkey dialog
- Fixed crash when right-clicking on the background area of notification options.
- Do not replace "-" with "−" in hostmessage dialog.
- Adjusted package installer to work properly if plugins do not follow the recommended name scheme of _win32.dll and _win64.dll
- Fixed possible crash when deleting profiles.
- Fixed encoding when invitation contains channel password with spaces.
Client Release 3.0.10 - February 27th, 2013
+ Added Opus voice and music codecs. Requires server 3.0.7 or later. Please note that Opus Music is not intended for general voice chat and no preprocessing is done when opus music is used. This means that AGC, noise suppression, echo cancellation etc. do not work when using Opus music.
* Updated Qt to 4.8.3 for improved Windows 8 compatibility.
* Overhauled Audio tab of channel edit dialog for new Opus Codec
* Updated client to use new permission list format as used by server 3.0.7
* Restore size and position of Complains List and Permission Overview windows. Changed base class of both from QDialog to QWidget.
* Added guiConnect, createBookmark, getPermissionIDByName and getClientNeededPermission to Lua API
* Tweaked length checks in various text fields for client and channelname.
* A spacer without a name will now be shown as an empty line.
* If a playback- or capture profile was renamed or deleted every hotkey depending on this profile will be adjusted.
* Changed hotkey dialog category spacer alignment to left.
* Client template can now show the update channel used by other clients.
* New option to autostart TeamSpeak on Windows startup.
* Added optional "server_uid=<suid>" parameter to ts3server links. If an existing bookmark with the same server UID found, the bookmarks settings will be used for the connection.
* Added context menu to notifications to select which sounds are important. The setting is global for all sound packs.
* Added context menu entry in server list to copy server address to clipboard.
* Added "Move Client to own Channel" in client context menu.
* Added notification icon to status bar if client has unread offline messages.
* Added TS3_CONFIG_DIR environment variable to overwrite location of config directory.
* Adjusted default size of some windows to adjust better to small and very large monitor resolutions.
* Added message for outgoing pokes. Can be configured in Notifications Options.
* Overhauled Tabs look on Mac OS X via default_mac.qss stylesheet.
* ts3server links are again caught for the Collected URLs
* Added confirmation when resetting custom toolbar settings to default
* Don't show server update dialog while running a fullscreen application
- Fixed upload/download slots if one slot was set to 0.
- Fixed closing hotkey dialog even though keep open was enabled.
- Fixed copy and paste client text.
- Fixed client window sizes which now depend on the screen resolution when opening for the first time.
- Fixed converting 3D sound positions into db.
- Fixed offline message parsing error if message was empty.
- Fixed that hotkey push button always adds in "all" hotkey profiles instead of the selected one.
- Fixed resizing and centering smaller gif icons to 16x16.
- Fixed that the setup wizard only configures the default hotkey profile and when having more than one hotkey profile a hint on the welcome page will be shown as a reminder.
- Fixed bb-code of server host message when message contains newlines.
- Fixed editing a hotkey but assigning the same action.
- Fixed a direct input hotkey issue when pushing two buttons at once on different devices.
- Fixed stuck PTT button when releasing the mouse.
- Fixed "Edit bookmark" contextmenu in bookmarks menu.
- Fixed some ts3server links issues when using cid parameter.
- Setup wizard now always uses the Standard hotkey profile in case when multiple hotkey profiles exist.
- Fixed UTF-8 characters in URL catcher
- Fixed possible crash sending a poke to a meanwhile disconnected client
- Fixed local mute/unmute hotkeys
- Fixed passing onClientIDsEvent and onClientIDsFinishedEvent to Plugin API
- Fixed crash when deleting a playback profile
- Fixed crash when no default sound device is present
- Fixed previously renamed onCustom3dRolloffCalculationClientEvent and ts3plugin_onCustom3dRolloffCalculationWaveEvent functions in test plugin.
Client Release 22.214.171.124 - October 29th, 2012
- Reverted running privileged behaviour which was changed for 3.0.9 and causes hotkeys not working with games running as administrator.
- Fixed writing whisper group targets.
Client Release 126.96.36.199 - October 25th, 2012
+ Added button in notifications to set all bookmark soundpacks to "default".
- Fixed converter setting "default" instead of "default female voice" so old bookmarks use soundpack in notifications.
Client Release 3.0.9 - October 23rd, 2012
+ Changed the storage format of the configuration files to a SQLite database. Conversion is done automatically the first time the client is started, all affected files will be moved to a backup folder.
+ Increased Plugin API version to 19
+ Added setClientVolumeModifier to plugin API. Min/Max volume is -50.0 to +20.0
+ Added getClientNeededPermission and getPermissionIDByName to plugin API
+ Added missing plugin API parameters for onUpdateClientEvent
+ Added parsing of channel id "cid=xyz" from invitation link. If you also give a channel name parameter the channel id gets priority. e.g. http://www.teamspeak.com/invite/voice.teamspeak.com/?cid=xyz
+ Added channel/client search in active server tree with STRG+F but only if the server tree has the focus. Otherwise it is the ordinary chat search.
+ Added hotkey switch to previous/next channel (channel family).
+ Added hotkey switch to previous/next channel (same level).
+ Added hotkey request talk power.
+ Added hotkey revoke all and grant next user talk power.
+ Added revoke talk power by double clicking the tree icon.
+ Added revoke talk power and revoke all and grant next user talk power toolbar action.
+ Added host message preview button which shows the formatted message in a tooltip.
+ Added Hotkey Gamepad and Joystick compatibility for RAW and Direct Input. Existing Direct Input hotkeys will be converted to Raw Input once Direct Input is activated. Existing Raw Input hotkeys cannot be converted so they have to be reassigned.
+ Added date and time to server log ("*** Log begins...").
+ Added bookmarkmanager context menu "sort by name".
* After deleting an offline message the next message will be selected.
* Moved possible existing serverquery authlogin and authpassword from ts3clientui_qt.conf to ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf.
* Added Made in Germany icon in About dialog.
* Chat character counter always located left of newsticker.
* Client drag&drop improvements.
* Added -silent commandline parameter to package installer.
* Package installer stores installed add-ons in addons.ini
* Modified tree behaviour to avoid scrolling up/down constantly on crowded servers.
* Modified chat scrolling behaviour to keep the chat textoutput in place when new messages arrive while being scrolled up or having text selected.
* Added [hr] bbCode support to channel description.
* Added save and restore last ban reason when banning a client.
* Added offline subject and message character limit.
* When dropping many files into chat line the drop text will be just cut off at the end because of the chat line limit. When dropping many files into chat history and the message length would fit into two separate lines, the drop will be accepted. If the drop text is too long it will be ignored.
* Small icons will get extended and centered to at least 16x16.
* Added license display to server info (SERVER_LICENSE for template)
* Extended logging for querying TSDNS SRV records.
- Fixed context menu in channel description edit.
- Fixed HTML entities in plain chat log.
- Fixed embedding local server banner URL in [IMG] tags is no longer necessary. Just drop an image from file filebrowser or type a valid ts3image:// link.
- Fixed connecting to server via ts3server:// link or invitation if link contains a channel name.
- Fixed a reply offline message coloring issue.
- Fixed hotkey compatibility issue with keys "M" and "N".
- Fixed hotkey issue with "keyboard & mouse only" (no keys were captured).
- Fixed display of resized animated banner.
- Fixed possibily blocking ban dialog time display.
- Don't allow negative ban times.
- Fixed icon viewer grid size, which could be broken after uploading icons which don't have the standard size of 16x16.
- Updated b_client_is_sticky permission help text.
- Fixed unicode usage of updater uncompression tool.
- Fixed servericon not updating properly in chat tab.
- Removed legacy VAD option from capture options.
- Clear temporary statusbar message when typing chats, the max characters counter could overlap with tempoary help texts.
- Fixed possible crash when using the -nohotkeys parameter.
- Removed built-in serverquery Window. Future server versions do not support this anymore.
- Fixed max input length calculation for channel description and offine messages when using unicode and escaped characters.
- Fixed group sorting in channel groups of client dialog.
- Fixed saving sort column and sort order in offline messages dialog.
- Fixed that channel description editor only shows plain text.
- Fixed plugin enable/disable checkbox at plastique style.
- Fixed joining servers default channel if bookmarks default channel is full.
- Fixed copying text from info frame if text is formatted with [list] tag.
- Fixed background when dragging files from file browser.
- The offline message dialog can be opened once per server and will act on the servers state.
- Fixed upload/download state after resuming a transfer interrupted by error.
- Fixed transfer state after resuming an interrupted transfer and also the transferred size.
Client Release 188.8.131.52 - July 30th, 2012
+ Increased Plugin API version to 18: Added returnCode to flushChannelCreate|Update, changed type of permissionID parameters from anyID to unsigned int.
+ Mono sounds can now also be sent to just left and right (stereo) speakers. This is now the default setting. Select "Mono to surround" in playback options to get the old behaviour.
* Changing the bantime dropdown no longer adjusts the time.
* Added contextmenu to copy client version from About dialog to clipboard.
* Added SERVER_ICON, CHANNEL_ICON and CLIENT_ICON variables to info templates.
* Enable scrollbuttons on Mac tabs to avoid the window resizing when too many chat tabs open.
* Added Isle of Man country flag.
- Fixed possible crash when clicking on ts3server:// links with a default channel specified.
- Fixed banlist sorting which did not apply properly after searching.
- Reverted plain/text mimetype for client items drag&drop. Needs some more work on lineedits first to implement this properly.
Client Release 3.0.8 - July 16th, 2012
+ Added support for SRV records when resolving domain names. Format for a SRV record for a TS3 server is: "_ts3._udp.name TTL IN SRV priority weight port target" It is also possible to add a SRV record for a TSDNS server for a domain, the format for this is: "_tsdns._tcp.name TTL IN SRV priority weight port target" The priority when resolving is: (1) _ts3 SRV record, (2) _tsdns SRV record, (3) TSDNS, (4) DNS
+ Added local server banner via filetransfer.
+ Added showing the chat line limit and its typed chars.
+ Added check of containing files before deleting a channel.
+ Added after assigning a hotkey the lockable key like NUM_LOCK etc. will be switched back to its previous state.
+ Added notification channel deleted/edited "by the server". Please note the two added keys CHANNEL_DELETED_BY_SERVER and CHANNEL_EDITED_OTHER_BY_SERVER in settings.ini. Addon Sound Packs can add them too.
+ Added custom "block receiving whisper" button for toolbar.
+ Added activate/deactivate/toggle hotkeys to block receiving whispers.
+ Mac OS X: Added Apple Developer ID certificate for gatekeeper in upcoming Mountain Lion release.
* Clients can now be dragged from chat log.
* Enable drag&drop from "List All Clients" again. Drag applies to the selected client.
* Save last sorting of "List All Clients" list. Apply sorting whenever new clients arrive after clicking the "More" button. Nicknames are now sorted case-insensitive.
* Show invoker if client description was edited by another client.
* Support bbCode in ts3plugin_infoData text
* Package installer only autoactivates styles if a qss file is present.
- Fixed "RenderDeviceContext" logging on Windows.
- Overhauled Delete Avatar mechanism to trigger more reliable when avatar was deleted by another user.
- Some typo fixes in English and German texts.
- Fixed voice test no longer ignores "vad over ptt".
- Fixed strange behavior when hammering PTT during voice test.
- Fixed changing enable/disable delayPTT and its delay value during voice test.
- Fixed using "Keyboard & Mouse" hotkey system with Synergy.
- Fixed chat line issue when opening menu e.g. via ALT+S.
- Fixed an issue with the filetransfer slots could get over the maximum of 10.
- Fixed crash when parsing a corrupt urls.dat (thanks to torzsi for the file). Please note: urls.dat is now called caught_urls.dat and because it got a new internal format, the old one will be deleted after convertion.
- Fixed displaying wrong default channel group in channelgroup permissions.
- Fixed a memory leak, which could increase memory usage drastically when running the client for a very long time.
- Fixed filter clear button in server/client logviews, cleaned up layouts.
- Fixed chat line edit char counter which now counts also unicode characters, so the displayed characters can be different from the counter.
Client Release 3.0.7 - June 21st, 2012
! Plugin API changed to 17
+ Added away hotkey with away message.
+ Added toolbar buttons set and delete for avatars.
+ Added saving of ban duration for presets.
+ Added [noparse]...[/noparse] tags for chat to prevent text in between beeing replaced with emoticons. Note: It's strict so both tags have to be found!
+ Exported temporary password functions to Plugin API
+ New getClientDisplayname function in Plugin API (client name including custom nickname, as configured in the contacts)
+ Added special return value of -2 to Plugin init function. See test plugin for details. This return value should only be used in very rare situations.
+ Added two(windows only) additional hotkey systems for keyboard and mouse for testing. The RawInput system can also handle joysticks and gamepads. Existing hotkeys will be backed up and converted to make them also usable for the new systems.
+ Added dialog when trying to send a server chat without permission.
+ Added new channel description preview (work in progress) which is a replacement for the WYSIWYG editor.
+ Added "Enter Chat Message..." info text to chat field.
+ Added context menu to ban out of complainlist.
+ Added hotkeys to activate/deactivate/toggle 3D sound.
+ Added close Tab on middle mouse button.
+ Added readable error message if send to channel chat fails due to permission.
+ Added possibility to use custom country flag icons: If the folder gfx/customCountries exists, country icons will be loaded from this folder, otherwise as before from gfx/countries. gfx/customCountries won't be over-written again from updater.
* Styles can now change the color of the newsticker text, see Bluesky style for an example.
* Style authors: Chat line "Enter chat message" color now can be overwritten. See existing default.qss style for example.
* Swapped skip/negated column in permission overview so it's the same order as in the permissions tree.
* Request to start createfileassoc.exe to add .ts3_addon etc. file associations to the registry can now be skipped with "Ignore" button.
* Mac OS X: Migrated config location from ~/.ts3client to ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/TeamSpeak 3. The folder will automatically be moved the first time TeamSpeak starts, if the old folder exists and the new folder does not exist.
* Warn user when connecting to a server and the server UID has changed in comparison to the stored value in the bookmark.
* Compress command packets to reduce network traffic (voice and filetransfer will not be affected)
- Running createfileassoc.exe will restore file associations to original if the user had changed them manually in Windows explorer.
- Fixed copy to clipboard ts3file:// link tagging.
- Fixed some whisperlist dialog issues.
- Fixed some issues when deleting animated avatars.
- Empty banner files will be automatically removed so the client can retry downloading the banner.
- Fixed creating empty registry key in HKCU\Software on client start.
- Install path in package installer can now be manually edited.
- Tweaked package installer window size, was too small on Mac OS X.
- Package installer now asks if the installed addon should be activated. Requires to restart TeamSpeak client to actually activate the addon.
- Fixed crash when using stylesheet helper hotkey on its own tooltip.
- Volume control plugin has been removed for now, there are too many issues for too many users. The updater will automatically delete the DLL.
- Improved subscribe and local mute functions called by Plugins, they will now do exactly the same like triggering the action via client UI.
- Fixed comboboxes in connect dialog and bookmarks which returned invalid text when elided (including the "...", which resulted in invalid identities or profiles).
- Fixed disabling "Rename" and "Delete" contextmenu in server-/channelgroup permission windows. Requires server 3.0.6 or above.
- Fixed disabling the servergroup menuitems in a clients contextmenu, checking own i_group_member_add_power against each i_group_needed_member_add_power.
- Fixed default value of "Play only important sounds when muted" dropdown in the notifications setup.
- Disable all elements in the permissions window on anti-flood error to avoid leaving the permissions in an invalid state. The user needs to wait some seconds and then klick "Reload" to refresh dialog.
- Mac: Fixed crash when releasing a dragged tree item after disconnecting.
- Fixed client ignoring force-ptt permission when connecting to a server without capture profile.
- Fixed away message in tree not checking the "Ignore away message" setting from contacts manager.
- Not possible to send empty complains anymore.
- Fixed an issue when marking multiple offline messages as unread.
- Fixed appending wrong server chat log.
- Fixed checking folder entries on existing before opening otherwise it will be reset to default home dir.
- Fixed channel description preview close.
- Fixed setting channel description which was wrong on sub channels.
- Fixed messing up radioboxes in capture setup when creating new profiles.
- Fixed extracting URLs on history messages broken by spaces.
Client Release 3.0.6 - April 20th, 2012
+ Added temporary server passwords, see contextmenu on server. Temporary passwords are valid for a specified period of time and work in addition to the permanent server password. The server requires a permanent passwords set, else temporary passwords have no effect. Needs server 3.0.3 or above.
+ Plugin API updated to 16
+ Added context menu "Paste & Send" in chat line.
+ The away message is now shown beside nickname.
+ Added multiselection for "Permissions > Channel Groups > Clients", the DEL key works too.
+ Added ban reason sorting.
+ Added line markers for each chat line. Can be disabled via chat display context menu (default is enabled).
+ Added ability to delete other clients avatar if b_client_avatar_delete_other is set. Requires server 3.0.3 or above.
+ Removed the confusing soundpack "None".
+ Added animated gif support for avatar and channel description. Can be toggled in Settings->Options->Design (default is enabled).
+ Added new permission b_client_request_talker, this allows clients to request talk power. Requires server 3.0.3 or above.
+ Added news browser, meant to point users to new features in the client.
* Added name of the user who granted talk power to the message: "Talk power granted by X".
* Utilities (update, error_report and package_installer) are now dynamically translatable.
* Plugin API changes: Added setPluginMenuEnabled, requestClientIDs, onClientIDsEvent, onClientIDsFinishedEvent. Removed pluginEvent and getAPIVersion. Removed plugin_events.h header.
* Added plugin hotkeys, see test plugin for details
* Added version string to uninstall registry entries for display in Windows deinstall system control panel.
* Phonetic name can now be pre- defined per identiy but still be overwritten in every bookmark.
* ts3server:// links can now be entered into the Connect dialog. Values from this link will overwrite existing values from the dialog.
* Collected URLs are now saved in binary file instead of ini, much faster.
* Display server/channel group icons in group list of permissions window.
* All clients list can now also be searched by client unique identifier.
- Fixed contextmenu in chat on ts3server links
- Fixed opening the privilege key dialog without having the permission to see the key list and also then, all created keys will be shown until the dialog has been closed or list has been reloaded.
- Minor UI overhaul of privilege key list and add dialog.
- Fixed adding a custom ban even without the permission to list. When adding a ban a dialog will show if the ban could be inserted.
- Empty ban list no longer shows "Insufficient permissions to view bans"
- Fixed opening URLs with different char encoding e.g. ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1) having '%F6' instead of 'ö' in filename.
- Fixed opening text chat from a received poke on correct server.
- Fixed no colors in multiline messages.
- Fixed invitation if privilege key contains a plus sign.
- Fixed special HTML characters (<, > etc) getting lost in chat history
- Fixed special HTML characters in client description
- Clear old server log when connecting to a new server in the server log view
- Changed behaviour of the last tabs close button.
- Fixed broken avatar template values.
- Fixed poke message size limit when message includes URL(s).
- Fixed writing and reading chatlog history. Please backup or delete old chat logs to start clean or you might feel some strange delay.
- Fixed bookmarks manager reporting unsaved changes.
- Fixed copying nicknames from chat if they contain whitespaces.
- Removed some repetitive settings from options dialog which are also accessible via contextmenus in the client mainwindow.
- Adjusted client for anti-flood settings fix for server version 3.0.3.
- Fixed an assert with animated images.
- Removed animation of group icons.
- Sorting of server- and channelgroups should behave the same even with identical sortID everywhere in the client.
- Added Delete keyboard shortcut to subscriptions dialog to remove entries
- Volume control plugin overhaul
- Fixed possibly invalid grant value displayed in permission overhaul
- Removed "Export to PDF" in permission overhaul
- Cleaned up client, channel and server info templates. Added list of all replacable variables to templates so user can easily restore the removed information with own templates.
- Removed clientID column from all-clients list
- Fixed banners not reloading anymore when the image was not available.
- Fixed bookmark drag&drop issues on Mac.
- Fixed crash when trying to send an offline message via fake link.
- Fixed copy and paste when text contains an image object.
- Fixed saving first-start-bookmark for not using hotkeys on a temporary uuid.
- Fixed hotkey toggle/activate/deactivate plugin.
- Fixed minor issues using animated gifs.
- Added workaround for G35 sound driver issue (voice only on right site)
Client Release 3.0.5 - February 15th, 2012
* Caps Lock now available as hotkey on Mac
* Minor bookmarks manager layout overhaul
* Adjusted Linux runscript to work better with KDE
- Fixed misbehaving "More" button in All Clients List
- Fixed possible crash when connecting to server
- Fixed chat input field when switching chat tabs and text was selected
- Disable "Show ServerQuery Clients" when adding a bookmark via a ts3server:// link with "addbookmark=<label>".
- Use nickname of default identity when connecting via ts3server://
- Hide empty global "Plugins" menu when no plugin creates a global menuitem.
- Display bookmark name in server tab, bookmark name was previously ignored.
- Fixed detecting changes in bookmarks manager with new serverquery and soundpack settings.
- Add bookmark from ts3server link as last item on first level of the tree instead of subitem of the last folder.
- Calling requestFileList in plugins no longer opens file browser window in client (note plugins should use return codes to implement this properly).
- Updater: When autostarting the client, keep the start button disabled to avoid starting the client multiple times.
- Escape "&" in bookmark labels when shown in menu
- Fixed issues banning visible client when ban power was set by channel group.
- Fixed anti-flood message printed in wrong tab
- Fixed chat tab notification markers when switching between multiple servers.
- Newsticker performance improvements.
- Fixed possible crash when clicking toolbar buttons while switching servers.
- When clicking ts3server links with addbookmark=<label>, request adding new bookmark if the specified label does not yet exist.
Client Release 3.0.3 - January 20th, 2012
! Updated plugins API to 15
+ Improved ban list, now shown as a table. Added sorting and filtering. Right-click on table header to configure which table columns to show.
+ Plugin API: Added function banclientdbid. Added new parameter lastNickName to onBanListEvent.
+ Plugin API: Added parameter clientUniqueIdentity to onClientChatClosedEvent and onClientChatComposingEvent.
+ Added custom plugin menus (global menu, channel and client contextmenus), so plugins can add menuitems to the TS3 client and receive events when the item is clicked. See the test plugin for details about implementing own menus. The Lua plugin also allows own menus.
+ Allow editing channel groups of a user in "Channel groups of Client" dialog.
+ Added button to remove all channel groups with a single click from a client in "Channel groups of Client" dialog.
+ Windows uninstaller optionally deletes all configuration files. Added new page to uninstaller where user can control this (default: do not delete).
+ Added option to clear cache on exit (Options - Security)
+ Added "Edit bookmark" to bookmarks popup menu
+ Added option to change also the nickname in connected bookmark when renamed oneself.
* Mac: Added Cmd+W shortcut to minimize main window
* Avatar images will be resized when uploading, to users can select a larger image and have TeamSpeak scale it down automatically.
* Permission tabs for channel, client and channelclient permissions are now disabled instead of being removed when the permission to list that type is missing.
* Improved behaviour of channel permissions dialog when permissions failed to be applied.
* Show server query clients is no longer a global option but for each server tab, based on a bookmark. A temporary toggle can be added by customizing the toolbar. Please update your bookmark. We do not convert the old setting!
* Because of now having all TS3 supported bbCodes usable in WYSIWYG editor, the bbCode [SIZE=+3] is just still in for convenient. Please use a fixed value like [SIZE=10] to have more possibilities.
* Newsticker allows to click on individual HTML links.
* Added link to Applications folder and background image to Mac disk image.
* Print memory usage to client log for testing purpose.
- Channel chat tab can no longer be closed.
- Hide "Error requesting ping" error log when disconnected (in this case it's not really an error).
- Hide statusbar text when mouse leaves chat text window to avoid sticky statusbar messages from hyperlinks.
- Fixed broken HTML in delete client confirmation dialog from List all Clients window when client nickname had special HTML characters like < >
- Fn key on Macbooks now recognized as hotkey
- Fixed contextmenu of bookmark menuitems when items were in subfolders
- Save channel subscriptions per server and client UID (before only per server)
- Fixed hotkey BringToFront when client was minimized.
- Fixed preventing baloontips when running a fullscreen application.
- Fixed composing and close-chat events which got previously broken.
- Fixed autoreconnecting in password-protected channel.
- Properly register packet installer file associations on Mac in the case of old Mac clients getting updated (worked when installing from dmg).
- Fixes and performance improvements for fetching and caching remote icons in channel description.
- Fixed invalid "Not connected" display in G15 plugin when closing another server tab.
- Removed option to configure chat history buffer size. Just use 20 lines.